Clams: a healthy choice, the protein level of clams is much higher than that of red meat with very few calories. Also it is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Here goes the recipe of country style clams roast.
2. Onion-2medium sized chopped
3. Garlic-2pods cut length wise
4. Ginger-1 tbsp julienned
5. Green chilly-4 nos slitted
6. Chilly powder-3tbsp
7. Pepper powder-1/2tsp
8. Turmeric powder-1/4tsp
9. Garam masala-1tsp
10. Cinnamon stick -1
12. Cardamom-2 nos
13. Mustard seeds-less than ¼ tsp
14. Curry leaves-2 sprigs
method of preparation
1. wash kakkayirachi 3 or 4 times. Cook with ½ cup of water till it is done( you can use a pressure cooker).a white juice will come out from it while cooking, make sure you drain this liquid completely. Keep aside the cooked clams.
2. Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves.
3. Add ingredients 10-12 ,stir for a minute.
4. Add green chilly,garlic,ginger stir for 2 min.add onions sauté till it turns golden brown .
5. add in all powders,stir for 5 min.then add kakkayirachi and salt, mix well with the masala.cook in medium flame by keeping the lid closed. Roast well. Stir in between. When it turns dark brown color switch off the flame. Serve with rice.