Craving for some yummy cake? Then try this guilt free delicious cake full of orange flavor..
1. Whole wheat flour-1 cup
2. Orange juice-1 cup (1/2 cup of pure juice +1/2 cup of water)
3. Orange zest-1tblsp
4. Baking powder-1/2tsp
5. Baking soda-1/2tsp
6. Salt-a pinch
7. Oil-1/2 cup
8. Jaggery-1/2 or more cup,grated
9. Corn flour-1tblsp
Method of preparation
1. Prepare an 8” cake tin. Preheat the oven at 180◦ for 10 minutes.
2. Take a bowl. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda salt and corn flour using a whisk or fork or swift all the dry ingredients together.
3. In another bowl mix jiggery and oil till the jiggery melts. Add orange juice and zest, give a stir. Now add all the dry ingredients in and gently mix to combine all the ingredients without forming any lumps.
4. Pour this into prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Notes: Remove the seeds before taking juice or your cake will taste bitter.If you want your cake to be really sweet increase the jaggery quantity to ¾ cup.Jaggery can be substitutes with granulated sugar.