This curry can be called as “a fake non-veg curry”. yes it tastes like fish curry even without fish.iam sure this curry will satisfy both vegetarian and non-vegetarian taste buds.
1. Ivy gourd- 1 ½ cup,cut length wise
2. Green chilly-2 or 3 slitted
3. Ginger -1 small piece
4. Pearl onions- 2nos or half of 1 small sized onion
5. Chilly powder-2tsp
6. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
7. Grated Coconut-1 cup
8. Kudampuli(cocum)-2 or 3 pieces
13. Pearl onions-2 nos ,cut into thin round slices
14. Mustard seeds-less than ¼ tsp
15. Fenugreek seeds-a pinch
16. Curry leaves -1 sprig
Method of preparation
1. Wash kudampuli 3 times. Dissolve required amount of salt in ½ cup of water. Soak kudampuli in this for 10 min.
2. Take a meen chatty. heat oil. Add ivy guard and green chilly. sauté until it turns soft.
3. Grind ingredients 3 -7 to a smooth paste by adding little water.
4. Add this paste into the cooked ivy guard.mix well
5. Add kudampuli along with the water+ another 1 cup of water.
6. Let it boil. Keep the lid on. Reduce the flame. cook until the gravy thickens.
7. For seasoning- heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds, add fenugreek seeds,onion,curry leaves stir until onion turns brown. Pour this over the prepared curry.
Notes: try to keep this curry in the prepared vessel for sometime, as it takes a little time for the flavor to set in.