1. Wheat flour-2 ½ cups
2. Water-(approximately) 1 and half cup
4. Potatoes-4 nos,medium sized
5. Onion-1 ½ medium sized,chopped
6. Green chilly-2 nos,chopped
8. Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
9. Lime juice-1tbsp
10. Coriander leaves-one handful, chopped
12. Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Method of preparation
1. Wash and boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Remove the skin and mash well.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds,stir for a minute.
3. Add ginger, green chilly and onion, sauté till onion turns translucent.
4. Add turmeric powder stir for a minute. Add mashed potatoes and salt.mix well.
5. Lastly add chopped coriander leaves and lime juice.mix with the potato masala.Switch off the flame. Keep it aside
6. Mix ingredients 1-3.knead into smooth dough. Let it rest for 15 min.
7. Make big lemon sized balls out of it. Roll into a thick disc.
8. Keep the prepared masala in the center. Bring all the edges of the flattened roti to the centre and fold in order to cover the filling(check the pictorial) .roll this lightly into a thick chappathi by dusting some flour. Repeat the process with the remaining balls.
9. Cook both sides on a tawa.Smear some oil or butter over the top. Serve with raitha or pickle.