Fruits are one thing which iam not interested in, particularly bananas. Once it gets dark spots poor bananas find its space in trash. But that was an old story. After making this banana bread iam waiting my banana to get spots :).This banana bread is totally addictive. One can’t stop eating just a piece. It almost taste like ‘unniyappom’. Above all you don’t feel guilty while having an extra piece since it is made with healthy ingredients. The bread is soft and moist. It was as delicious as I was eating it continuously. It was hard for me to keep few pieces even for my Husband :).The whole loaf was finished within few hours. Do try this healthy delicious bread. It might satisfy even the banana haters!!
1. Whole wheat or Atta-1.5 cup
2. Grated Jaggery or sugar-1/2 cup
3. Ripe banana mashed-1 cup,(I used robusta variety, around 3 or 4 medium sized can yield 1 cup)
4. Baking soda-1/2tsp
5. Baking powder-1 n 1/2tsp
7. Cinnamon powder-1tsp
8. Vanilla essence-1tsp
Method of preparation
1. Preheat an oven at 180◦ c For 10 minutes. Prepare a loaf tin and keep it ready
2. Mash bananas using a fork or mixie without any lumps.(use over ripened bananas).
3. Mix wheat, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder using a whisk or swift all the dry ingredients.
4. In a mixing bowl mix oil, vanilla and jaggery well.(Jaggery may tend to form clumps with oil. Do not worry, go head. It will dissolve upon adding flour).Add all the dry ingredients little by little and mix to incorporate everything. Do not over mix as it will make cake dense.
5. Now bake at 180◦ for 50 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow it to cool .Slice and serve.