I have used the same recipe of lemon cup cakes for making this cake.As already mentioned this one is super easy ,delicious and perfect for this summer as anything lemony is truly refreshing.
1. Maida-1 cup
2. Sugar-less than ¾ cup
3. Oil-1/4 cup(use any unflavoured oil)
4. Baking powder-1tsp
5. Baking soda-1tsp
6. Milk-1/2 cup
7. Lemon juice-1tbsp
8. Lemon zest- zest of two small lemons (it was around 1 tbsp or more)
9. Lemon yellow color-tad a bit (it is purely optional)
Method of preparation
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare an 8” inch cake tin.
3. Take a bowl.mix all ingredients except flour and stir till the sugar dissolves.
4. Add the flour in two batches and give a nice stir without any lumps.
5. Pour in to prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes at 180degree or till the inserted knife comes out clean or cook this in a pressure cooker for about 45 minutes.
Notes: lemon zest is lemon peel. It can be taken by grating the skin .Be careful not to include the white inner part while grating as it would taste bitter.