Masala dosa is all time favorite to all south Indians. This south Indian delicacy is in the news.yup our own masala dosa is in the list of food to be had before one dies!!! This simple ‘celebrity’ is originated from Udupi,a proud fact for all Kannadigas :-). here goes the recipe….
(The filling I used here is different from the traditional one,this is the one my amma used to cook this tastes little spicy but a good one with different taste)
1. Dosa batter
2. Carrot- 1no cubed
3. Green peas-1/2 cup
4. Onion- 1no sliced
5. Ginger-1tbsp julienned
6. Green chilly-1 or 2 slitted
7. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
8. Chilly powder-1tsp
9. Coriander powder-3tsp
10. Garam masala-1/2 tsp
11. Meat masala-1tsp(optional)
Method of preparation
1. Cook ingredients 1-7 with 1 cup of water and salt.(if you are using dried peas ,soak it overnight)
2. Heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan. Reduce the flame. Add in all the powders stir for a minute. Add cooked vegetables mix well .slightly mash it with wooden spoon. Turn off the heat. Filling is ready.
3. Heat a tawa pour a ladle full of batter. Spread it with the backside of ladle. Sprinkle some oil over the top.let it cook.
4. When it is cooked, keep a big spoon full of masala on one half of dosa cover it with other half. keep it on tawa for another 30 sec. Serve with sambar or chutney .
This filling is enough to make around ten masala dosas