Wednesday 10 December 2014

GREEN CHICKEN CURRY





Now a days as a part of healthy eating we reduced intake of  rice  and cook it only once in a week .Other days of our lunch and dinner would be chappathi and finding a good curry for rotis is a difficult task for me. There were few pieces of chicken lying in my fridge and this time I wanted to try a different curry that goes well with chappathi. When I started making this, I was quite blank on what to make or how to make. In between my little naughty boy started crying .I was just throwing all the ingredients in to the pan and finished cooking somehow. I couldn’t even check the saltiness!! When my husband came back from office ,the first thing he asked was “ahhh nalla manam …nee entha innu undakkiye”?(wow nice aroma! What you prepared today?)  .Yes it was…it taste as good as it smells. Also It was looking really pretty with beautiful green color.GO GREEN :)So do try this colorful curry…    here goes the recipe

Ingredients

1.      Chicken-500gm,cut into medium size
2.      Onion-3medium sized,roughly chopped or sliced
3.      Ginger-1tbsp,chopped
4.      Garlic-1tbsp,chopped
5.      Green chilly-2nos,slitted(see notes)
6.      Tomato-1 roughly cut+ 1 chopped
7.      Coriander powder-2tsp,heaped
8.      Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
9.      Garam masala powder-3/4tsp
10.  Whole black peper-1 or 1n 1/2tbsp
11.  Cardamom-2nos
12.  Coriander leaves-one handful
13.  Mint leaves-1 handful
14.  Curry leaves-2sprigs
15.  Salt
16.  Oil-1 tbsp
17.  Water-1 n 1/2 cups

METHOD OF PREPARATION

1.      Heat oil in a pan. Add whole black pepper and cardamom. When the aroma comes add garlic and ginger. Stir for 2 minutes. Add onions and salt. When onion turns soft add in all powders. Stir for 2 minutes. When onions turns soft add roughly cut tomato (reserve chopped tomatoes aside for adding it later ).when tomatoes are cooked add all the leaves and switch off the flame.
2.      Let the masla cools. Grind this into smooth paste. Pour it back into the pan ..Add 2 cups of water. Add salt if requires. Once it starts boil ,add the chicken pieces in. Cover and cook till gravy thickens. Lastly add chopped tomatoes. Serve hot with your favorite flat breads..

Notes: If you don’t like your curry to be much spicy remove green chilly just before grinding the masala.





6 comments:

  1. An easy way to prepare chicken........ great recipe to be followed.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still eat lots of rice. Yet I still maintain my weight and healthy because its about moderation. And these days there are varieties of healthy rice too. Chappati is something my hub will eat without complaining but myself, I just can't. The green curry is a spot on dish for both: rice as well as chappati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Nava,
      we keralites eat big brown rice,which is more starchy...we both are bit overweight..so we changed our common diet..even i dont prefer eating chappathi every night :)

      Delete
  3. I also shared a green chicken curry last month... :) Urs looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy bookmarking
    please link your recipes to my event
    http://remyasean.blogspot.in/2015/01/first-blog-anniversary-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. easy and tasty recipe...must try...looks sooo yumm...

    ReplyDelete