Now a days as a part of healthy eating we reduced intake of rice and cook it only once in a week .Other days of our lunch and dinner would be chappathi and finding a good curry for rotis is a difficult task for me. There were few pieces of chicken lying in my fridge and this time I wanted to try a different curry that goes well with chappathi. When I started making this, I was quite blank on what to make or how to make. In between my little naughty boy started crying .I was just throwing all the ingredients in to the pan and finished cooking somehow. I couldn’t even check the saltiness!! When my husband came back from office ,the first thing he asked was “ahhh nalla manam …nee entha innu undakkiye”?(wow nice aroma! What you prepared today?) .Yes it was…it taste as good as it smells. Also It was looking really pretty with beautiful green color.GO GREEN :)So do try this colorful curry… here goes the recipe
1. Chicken-500gm,cut into medium size
2. Onion-3medium sized,roughly chopped or sliced
5. Green chilly-2nos,slitted(see notes)
6. Tomato-1 roughly cut+ 1 chopped
7. Coriander powder-2tsp,heaped
8. Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
9. Garam masala powder-3/4tsp
10. Whole black peper-1 or 1n 1/2tbsp
12. Coriander leaves-one handful
13. Mint leaves-1 handful
14. Curry leaves-2sprigs
16. Oil-1 tbsp
17. Water-1 n 1/2 cups
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add whole black pepper and cardamom. When the aroma comes add garlic and ginger. Stir for 2 minutes. Add onions and salt. When onion turns soft add in all powders. Stir for 2 minutes. When onions turns soft add roughly cut tomato (reserve chopped tomatoes aside for adding it later ).when tomatoes are cooked add all the leaves and switch off the flame.
2. Let the masla cools. Grind this into smooth paste. Pour it back into the pan ..Add 2 cups of water. Add salt if requires. Once it starts boil ,add the chicken pieces in. Cover and cook till gravy thickens. Lastly add chopped tomatoes. Serve hot with your favorite flat breads..
Notes: If you don’t like your curry to be much spicy remove green chilly just before grinding the masala.