When I went to supermarket yesterday for our weekend purchase, I saw an attractive packet pictured a beautiful cake named pressure cooker cake mix. Then I wondered is there any particular cake recipe that to be made in pressure cooker???My answer is absolutely NO!!Before I get my electric oven I used to make different kinds of cakes in cooker. I could not find any taste or texture difference .When I googled about pressure cooker baking,I could see many posts about this using sand and some using crystal salt to maintain or to control the heat inside the cooker.You don’t need any of these stuffs for making a humble cake. You just require 3 things, a pressure cooker WITHOUT RUBBER GASKETAND WEIGHT ,a cooker separator and a cake tin that fits well inside the cooker.iam promising you that your cooker will not explode or damage in any way(before that instructions should be read thoroughly). You don’t have to follow any particular recipe for making cakes in cooker.Any type of cakes can be made in cooker .But if you are novice in baking start with an easy recipe. This post is for all who desperately want to bake a cake without using oven.
Coming to the cake recipe..This is a fool proof recipe. I have made this cake number of times and every time it was a hit. This is a super easy and a delicious cake..
1. All purpose flour(maida)-3/4cup
2. Curd-1/2 cup(room temperature)
3. Oil-1/4cup(any flavorless oil like sunflower or canola)
5. Baking powder-little less than ¾ tsp
6. Baking soda-1/4 tsp
7. Vanilla essence -1tsp
8. Cocoa powder-2 n ½ tsp
Method of preparation
1. Prepared a cake tin. For that, apply oil or butter along the sides and bottom of the tin. Sprinkle little flour all over. Invert the pan and tap to remove excess flour
2. Take a bowl. Start by beating curd well.Add in baking powder and baking soda. Beat well. When the curd turns frothy add oil and essence and sugar. Beat well till sugar dissolves. Add flour in 2 batches and mix well without any lumps.
3. Mix cocoa powder with water to form a paste. Add a ladle full of prepared batter in to this and mix well.this is the chocolate batter.
4. Pour the white batter into the tin. Take a spoon full ofchocolate batter and pour on the top of this. Using the tip of a pointed knife make some designs. Repeat this until both batter used up.
5. Now take the cooker, keep the cooker separator. DO NOT POUR WATER OR OIL. The cake is going to cook under dry heat the same way which is cooked up in oven. Close with the lid. DO NOT PUT RUBBER GASKET AND WEIGHT. Keep in high flame for 2 minutes,then in medium flame for 5 minutes then reduce the flame to lower and cook for 40-45 minutes.Check in between by inserting a tooth pick or knife. Once it has cooked the knife comes out clean.
6. When the cake is cooked, remove the cake tin from the cooker. Let it cool completely. Run a knife all along the edges the pan .Invert the pan on to plate and tap the bottom of the pan to get the cake out.Slice and serve
making the batter
making the chocolate batter
mixing and creating designs
keep the tin in cooker and cooked until inserted knife comes out clean.Let the cake cooled,inverted onto a plate ..Enjoy delicious Marble cake with your loved ones :)