Recipe is adapted from here http://www.yummyoyummy.com/
1. Purple color eggplant-500gms
2. Onion-1 big, chopped
3. Green chilly-1no,slitted
4. Coriander powder-3tsp
5. Chilly powder-3/4tsp
6. Garam masala-1 ½ tsp
7. Pepper powder-1 ½ tsp
8. Grated coconut-1 cup
10. Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
11. Dry red chilly-2nos
12. Curry leaves
Method of preparation
1. Wash and cut eggplant into small cubes and keep this in a vessel filled with water for 10 minutes. This helps in removing the stain.
2. Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add rice when it puffs up slightly, add curry leaves and dry red chillies.
3. Add onion and green chilly sauté until onion turns soft. Add all powders stir for 2 minutes.
4. Take brinjal out of water. Gently press it to remove the absorbed water. Put it into the pan. Add salt.Mix well. Let it cook by keeping the pan closed.
5. When it is almost done add grated coconut .stir well. Again cook for another few minutes.
Serve with steamed rice…