This is one of the easiest sweets.it can be done within minutes.do try and enjoy this delicious sweet J
1. Rava (semolina)-1/2 cup
2. Sugar-1/2 cup
3. Cardamom- 4 no’s (powder cardamom pods with a tbsp. of sugar)
4. Water-2 n ½ cup
5. Food color- a pinch (optional)
6. Ghee-2 tbsp.
7. Cashew nuts-a few (optional)
Method of preparation
1. Heat a tbsp. of ghee in a pan. Roast cashewnuts (if using) and keep it aside. add rava into the ghee and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Transfer the roasted rava in to another plate.in the same pan pour water mixed with food color. Bring it to boil. Add roasted rava into this. Stir well. Cover the pan and cook in medium flame for 2 or 3 minutes or until the water dries up and semolina are well cooked.
3. Add sugar,remaining ghee and cardamom powder. Mix well. Let the sugar melts and the mix thickens a bit. Switch off the flame. Transfer kesari into a greased plate. Garnish with cashew nuts.
4. Let it cool a bit. Kesari will set once it cools down. You can either cut into squares or just scoop it with a spoon.