Chappathi is a staple food in all Indian kitchens. Finding a good side dish for chappathi is bit difficult for many. This kothu chappathi spares you from making side dish and also saves time. Moreover, the best way to utilize leftover chappathis. Just like Kothu porotta, cooked chappathi is shredded into small pieces and then sauted with some masalas .I got this recipe from a T.V show .I tried it with little variations .It turned out delicious and we all loved it.
2. Onion-1 medium,chopped
3. Eggs- 2 or 3 nos
4. Ginger-1 small piece, chopped
5. Green chilly-2nos,chopped
7. Coriander powder-1tsp ,heaped
8. Chilly powder-1/4 tsp
9. Garam masala-3/4 tsp
10. Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
11. Tomato-1 medium ,chopped
Method of preparation
1. Cut chappathi into small pieces. ( Using a kitchen scissors will make this job much easier).Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, sauté ginger, garlic and green chilly for a minute. Add in all the powders except pepper powder. Stir for few seconds. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until it turns soft.
3. Meantime, take a big bowl. Crack open eggs into this and beat lightly. Add pepper powder, chopped onion and salt. Add chopped chappathi into this .Mix well so that all the chappathi pieces can coat well with the egg mix.
4. Add this chappathi pieces into the prepared masala.Mix well with the masala.
5. Close the pan .Cook in low flame for few minutes or until the eggs is cooked. Mix again and stir continuously for few more minutes. Enjoy as such or with onion raitha..