How fast the time flies!!! Its been one year since I posted something in my blog.My blog was kept unnoticed for long time.I apologize my fellow bloggers for not visiting and commenting on their blogs.
Motherhood changed my life drastically.My little man is now 9 months old. Imagine how tough it is looking after a naughty baby boy. I find it really hard to spend much time on cooking.But once I opened my blog account I did find fairly good number of page views.Then I badly wanted to restart my blog. I wish this post be a sweet one as this is my first post after my Kannan born.This is for him.I started cooking this after making him sleep .But just after measuring all the ingredients he woke up.So the rest I completed by holding him in my hands.I was struggling to get hold of muffin cups which he tried to snatch from me:)Anyway we both enjoyed cooking this.
Coming to these recipe.This is a quick one bowl cake.Anything lemony is refreshing so does this cake.Usually the cake taste best on the next day. I had a piece when it just came out of the oven and it taste awesome!!i feel this cake taste delicious even while it is hot . When ever you feel like having something truly refreshing try this out .You can make this in a jiffy since it contains no fancy ingredients and no tedious work.Here goes the recipe…
1. Maida-1 cup
2. Sugar-less than ¾ cup
3. Oil-1/4 cup(use any unflavoured oil)
4. Baking powder-1/2tsp
5. Baking soda-1/2tsp
6. Milk-3/4 cup
7. Lemon juice-1tbsp
8. Lemon zest- zest of two small lemons (it was around 1 tbsp or more)
9. Lemon yellow color-tad a bit (it is purely optional)
Method of preparation
1. Preheat oven at 180degree for 10 minutes.
2. Take a bowl.mix all ingredients except flour and stir till the sugar dissolves.
3. Add the flour in two batches and give a nice stir without any lumps.
4. Pour in to muffin cups or greased muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes at 180degree or till the inserted knife comes out clean.